A: Brain, playing tennis seems interesting.
B: Would you like to learn?
A: Yes.how do you play?
B: Tennis can be played in singles and doubles. The outside line is for doubles and the inside line is for singles.
A: How do you decide who starts?
B: Well, you can toss a coin to decide. Whoever wins chooses either to start or which side of the court o play on.
A: How do you score?
B: To begin with, the score is “LOVE all”.
A: LOVE means 0?
B: You have got it. You then score 15, 30 and 40. If you get to 40 and win again, you win the game.
A: The opponent starts serving then?
B: Right. See. You know how to play now.
A: Let’s try it sometime.
1. I usually go to the gym after work.. 我经常下班以后去健身房。
2. Baseball is my favourite sport. What’s yours? 棒球是我最喜欢的运动，你喜欢什么运动?
3. I like playing basketball and badminton. 我喜欢打篮球和羽毛球。
4. He is a crazy fan of the NBA games. 他是NBA的狂热球迷。
5. Long-distance running is good for your health. 长跑有益你的健康。
6. Our team beat yours last match. 上一场比赛，我们队击败了你们队。
7. Where do you like swimming, in a lake or river? 你喜欢在哪儿游泳，河里还是湖里?
8. Dad, look how high I can jump! 爸爸，看我能跳多高!
A: I thought you said we were going to stay three days in Chicago.
B: We are. It’s two nights in the hotel, july 3rd and 4th, but three days altogether.
A: I see. We arrive early on the third, and we leave at 11:30pm on the fifth.
C: That’s correct. As you see, I’ve made reservations for you on the night train to New York on the fifth. You’ll have two sleeping berths.
B: So it is really a full day on the fifth.
C: Plenty of time for shopping and sightseeing. You’ll even have enough time for a show in the evening because the train station is near the theater district.
A: I think that work out fine. I hope I’ll be able to sleep on the train.
C: Believe me, it’ll be an interesing experience to ride on the train.
B: What about hotels in New York City?
C: You have accommodation at the New York Sheraton on 7th Avenue and 53rd street. Fortunately, even though you’ll be travelling at the peak of the tourist season, I was able to get you a good room there.
B: That’ll be great.
1. Your passport and declaration card, please. 请出示你的护照和海关申报单。
2. Do you have anything to declare? 你携带的东西有必须申报的吗?
3. What’S the purpose of your visit? 旅行的目的是什么?
4. The camera are for my personal use. 这些照相机是我自用的。
5. Please open this bag. 请打开这件行李。
6. May I see your passport, please? 麻烦请给我看一下你的护照好吗?
7. Where are you staying? 你将在哪儿住宿?
8. Are you travelling alone or with friends? 你是一个人去旅游还是结伴而行?
三、购物 About Shopping
A:welcome to our counter. What can I do for you, miss?
B:I’d like a bottle of perfume, the best one ,please.
A:Ok, this is made in France-one of the best perfumes in the world. It has a European lily fragrance.
B:Yeah, It’s well-known trademark. I’ll have one bottle.
B:No, that’s all.
A:Please wait a moment, I will pack it up for you.
1. Have you ever been to shanghai. 你去过上海没?
2. Look, here is a special offer on jeans and sportswear. 看，这儿的牛仔裤和休闲服的特殊优惠。
3. This is the most popular style this winter. How do you like it? 这是今冬最流行的款式，你认为如何?
4. Off-season clothes are usually sold at very low prices. 换季衣服的售价通常很低。
四、星期与月份 Days and Months
A: What day is today, Dr. Jansen?
B:Today is Monday. This is January.
A:Is this your book, Dr. Jansen?
B:No, it isn’t. Maybe it’s Dr. Baker’s.
A:Dr. Baker is in the hospital. He’s not very well.
B:Was he in the hospital last week,too?
A:No. He was very well last week.
B:You were in Washington, D.C. for several days, weren’t you?
A:Yes, I was. I was there in December.
B:Where were you in November?
A:I was here in November.
B:Wasn’t your friend Harry here last week?
A:Yes. He was here for three days last week.
1. What day is /was It today/yesterday? 今天∕昨天是星期几?
2. Today is Monday. 今天星期一。
3. What month is this? This is January. 现在是几月?现在是一月。
4. Last month was December, wasn’t it? 上个月是十二月，对吗?
5. What’s the date? 今天几号?
6. I was in the hospital for several weeks. 我在医院待过几周。
7. Where were you on Tuesday? 周二你在哪?
8. It’s first of April. April Fool’s Day! 今天是4月1日，是愚人节!
(注：补充星期，月份：Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday; January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.)
五、寻求帮助 Asking for help
A:Good moring! Can I help you?
B:I’d like a single room.
A:Do you have a reservation?
A:That’s all right. We will have some. How long are you going to stay here?
B:It depends, maybe two or three days.
A:Any other requests?
B:I want the room with a bath and facing to the see.
A:We have the one you need on the eighth floor .
B:That’s fine. How much do you ask for that room a day?
A:It’s thirty-five dollars a day.
1. Could I trouble you with something for a moment please? 请问可以麻烦你一下吗?
2. My friend, I am in a big mess, do you think you could help me tomorrow? 朋友，我现在忙得一塌糊涂。明天你可以帮我一下吗?
3. I hate to bother you, could you pass me that book? 不好意思麻烦你了，请问你能帮我递一下那本书吗?
4. Excuse me, I wonder if you can help me. 劳驾，能帮个忙吗?
5. You look bothered. Is there something I can do for you? 看来你遇到麻烦了，有什么可以帮你的吗?
6. No sweat! I’d be happy to help. 没什么!很高兴我能帮上忙。
7. Do you need any help? 需要帮忙吗?
8. May I ask a favor? 能帮个忙吗?
9. If there is anything you need, just knock on my door. 有什么需要帮忙的话，尽管敲门来找我。